Last Updated: 9th May 2018
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Information You choose to provide us voluntarily.
- Information we get when You install, access, or use our Services.
- Information we get from third parties.
- INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO PROVIDE
- Your Account Information: You provide Your mobile phone number, name and mobile device information to create a Flochat account. You provide us the phone numbers in Your mobile address book on a regular basis, including those of both the users of our Services and Your other contacts. You confirm You are authorized to provide us such numbers. You may also add other information to Your account, such as a Name, User name, User Id, profile picture, and status message.
- Your Connections: To help You organize how You communicate with others, we may create a favorites list of Your contacts for You, and You can create, join, or get added to groups and broadcast lists, and such groups and lists get associated with Your account information.
- Customer Support: You may provide us with information related to Your use of our Services, including copies of Your messages, and how to contact You so we can provide You customer support. For example, You may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
- AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Usage and Log Information: We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about Your activity (such as how You use our Services, how You interact with others using our Services, the time and date of Your communications, the number of messages You exchange with Your friends, which friends You exchange messages with the most and other similar information), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Content Information: We collect content You create on our services, such as custom stickers, and information about the content You create or provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Transactional Information: If You use our Services for purchase or financial transactions, we may receive payment information such as Your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, payment receipts, shipping and contact details.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect device-specific hardware and software information when You install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, device memory, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, language, battery level applications installed and device identifiers and time zone.
- Phonebook / Contact Information: In order to provide Services, Flochat may with Your consent collect information from Your contacts and periodically access Your phonebook or contact list on Your mobile phone to locate the mobile phone numbers of other Service users.
- Access to Camera and Photos: Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from Your device’s camera and photos. For example, You won’t be able to teleport through the Flochat app, send or upload photos clicked from Your device unless we can access Your camera or photos stored on Your devices.
- Location Information: With Your consent we collect Your device’s precise location information using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses, if You use our location features, such as when You choose to share Your location with Your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with You, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if You are having trouble with our Service’s location features.
- Information from websites and apps that use our Services: We collect information when You visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Services. This includes information about the websites and apps that You visit, Your use of our Services on those websites and apps, as well as information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to You or us.
- Information from third-party partners: We receive information about You and Your activities on and off our Services from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about Your experiences or interactions with them.
- Status Information: We collect information about Your online and status message changes on our Services, such as whether You are online (Your “online status”), when You last used our Services (Your “last seen status”), and when You last updated Your status message. This includes but is not limited to the timestamp and the actual status update message.
- INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM THIRD-PARTY
- Your Information provided by Others: We may receive information other people provide us, which may include information about You. For example, when other Service users You know use our Services, they may provide Your phone number from their mobile address book (just as You may provide theirs), or they may send You a message, send messages to groups to which You belong, or call You.
- Third-Party Providers: We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply map and places information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These providers may provide us information about You in certain circumstances; for example, third party application stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- We neither share nor sell without Your consent Your information, including personal information, such as Your mobile phone number and address book and any other information we may collect with any third parties for use for commercial, advertising and or similar marketing purposes without Your consent.
- Providing our Services: We develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain and provide our Services, including verifying Your account, providing customer support, security, fraud-detection, archival, back-up and improving, fixing, and customizing our Services. We understand how people use our Services, and analyze and use the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, research, develop, test and monitor new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities. We also use Your information to respond to You when You contact us.
- Safety and Security: We believe that our Services should be a safe place for everyone to chat. We have built safety features into our Services including:
- Giving You the ability to block users.
- Giving You the ability to report users who are making You uncomfortable or sending spam.
- Giving You the ability to ignore new chats from people You don’t know.
- No Third-Party Banner Ads: We presently do not allow third-party banner ads on our Services. We have no intention to introduce them, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
Direct Marketing: We will allow You and third parties, like businesses, to communicate with each other using our Services, such as through order, transaction, and appointment information, delivery and shipping notifications, product and service updates, and marketing. For example, You may receive flight status information for upcoming travel, a receipt for something You purchased, or a notification when a delivery will be made.
Messages You may receive containing marketing could include an offer or advertise our products and services and/or the products and services of selected third parties for something that might interest You. We do not want You to have a spam experience; as with all of Your messages, You can manage these communications, and we will honour the choices You make.
We may also run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If You do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
- STORAGE OF INFORMATION
- Your information collected through the Service, including Your personal information, may be transferred and stored and processed in India and/or other countries outside of Your jurisdiction. Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to jurisdictions that do not have data protection laws which are substantially similar to or serve the same purpose as the laws of Your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify Your identity before granting You access to Your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information You transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- We use a variety of generally accepted security technologies and procedures for the purpose of preventing loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure of Information – for example, we use encryption technology (such as SSL) to protect certain sensitive Information provided by You to us. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We do not warrant or guarantee the security of our Services or any information You provide to us through our Services.
- We wish to clarify that our Services are not intended for —and we don’t direct them to—anyone who is below the age of 13 years. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone who is below 13 years of age. However, if You believe that we have any personal information from any children under the age of 13 years, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly investigate(and remove) such information.
- DURATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Our Services lets You capture and share photographs as well as live videos. We do not retain these photographs and /or videos shared or uploaded through our Services on our servers. Instead, once these photographs and /or videos are received by all intended recipients, the same gets automatically deleted from our servers. Similarly, we do not retain Your messages (including Your chats, photos, videos, voice messages, files, and share location information) or any other information of any nature in the ordinary course of providing our Services to You. Once Your messages are delivered to all intended recipients, the same gets automatically deleted from our servers. However, these messages are stored on Your own device as well as that of the recipient to whom the messages were delivered or can be saved by recipient using any form and number of techniques – screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology as well as retrieve forensically or find them in a device’s temporary storage.
- If a message cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if You are offline), we may keep it on our servers for up to 30 days as we try to deliver it. If a message is still undelivered after 30 days, we delete it. To improve performance and deliver media messages more efficiently, such as when many people are sharing a popular photo or video, we may retain that content on our servers for a longer period of time. We also offer SSL based encryption for our Services, which is on by default, when You and the people with whom You message use a version of our app released after February, 2018. SSL encryption means that Your messages are encrypted to protect third parties from reading them.
- While our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. And we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations.
- RETENTION AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- to comply with a court order, subpoena or other legal process, whether binding on us or any of our affiliates in any jurisdiction;
- in response to a request by a government authority, law enforcement agency or similar body made to us or any of our affiliate companies (whether situated in Your jurisdiction or elsewhere);
- where we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations;
- when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, investigate, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, security or technical issues to protect ourselves, You and others, including as part of investigations;
- protect the rights, property, and safety of our users and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- Information we receive about You may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
- Services Settings: You can change Your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users. You can manage Your contacts, groups, and broadcast lists, or use our block feature to manage the users with whom You communicate.
- Access and Updates: We strive to let You access and update most of the personal information directly through our Services. You can access and update most of Your basic account information right in our Services by visiting the particular Service’s Settings page. However, we may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. If You need to access, update, or delete other personal information that we may have, You can put in a request at email@example.com. Since Your privacy is important to us, we may ask You to verify Your identity or provide additional information before we let You access or update Your personal information. We will try to update and access Your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of course disclose the fee before we comply with Your request.
- Revoking Permissions: If You change Your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that You have already consented to, such as Your phonebook or location services, You can simply revoke Your consent by changing the settings on Your device if Your device offers those options. Of course, if You do that, certain services may lose full functionality either partially or completely.
- Deletion of Your Account: You may delete Your account at any time (including if You want to revoke Your consent to our use of Your information) using our in-app delete my account feature. When You delete Your account, Your undelivered messages are deleted from our servers as well as any of Your other information we no longer need to operate and provide our Services. Be mindful that if You only delete our Services from Your device without using our in-app delete my account feature, Your information may be stored with us for a longer period. Please remember that when You delete Your account, it does not affect the information other users have relating to You, such as their copy of the messages You sent them. Upon deletion of the Flochat app from Your device all Your messages will be archived for a period not exceeding thirty (30) days.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICY: YOUR COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
- COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT CLAIM
- Your complete contact information (full name, mailing address, and phone number). Note that we regularly provide Your contact information, including Your name and email address (if provided), the name of Your organization or client who owns the rights in question, and the content of Your report to the person whose content You are reporting. You may wish to provide a professional or business email address where You can be reached.
- A description of the copyrighted work or trademark that You claim has been infringed.
- A description of the content hosted on our Services that You claim infringes Your copyright or trademark.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on our Services. The easiest way to do this is by providing us the phone number of the individual who has submitted the infringing content on our Services.
- A declaration that:
- You have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted or trademarked content described above, in the manner You have complained of, is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or the law;
- The information in Your claim is accurate; and
- You declare, under penalty of perjury, that You are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright or trademark that is allegedly infringed.
- Your electronic signature or physical signature.
- UPDATES TO OUR POLICY
- CONTACT US
The Services are intended for people who are competent to contract under applicable laws. Individuals who are aged more than 13 years but less than 18 years are not permitted to use this application unless the complete Agreement is seen and agreed by parents or their legal guardians under applicable law. You confirm that You are at least 18 year old or otherwise competent to contract including with consent of Your parent/legal guardian as may be required under applicable law. We wish to strictly clarify that any individual who is below 13 years of age is not permitted to use our Services.
Flochat receives or collects information in the following manner:
The information collected directly from You or received due to Your use of third party services is used in the following ways:
We care about the security of Your information provided to us. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our Services, for loss prevention, anti-fraud purposes, investigating suspicious activity and/ or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the security of Your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use include firewalls, data encryption and information access authorization controls. We also store, use, and maintain Your personal information using procedures designed to limit its loss, theft, or unauthorized access, use, modification, copying or disclosure. When You enter Your login information and password, we encrypt the transmission of that information between the app and the server. Despite these efforts, You should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with information. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of Your information and having a strong password that You’ve not used in other places is important. You hereby consent to provide accurate personal information and undertake not to share/provide/divulge information relating to Your password(s) and account registration to any third-party at any point of time. You hereby consent that all Your data shall be stored on a third party server and archived for a period not exceeding thirty (30) days from the date of deletion of the Flochat app from Your device. You shall not hold us responsible or make us liable at any point of time for any third party server issues or problems arising therefrom.
We may need to retain, disclose and use Your Information for the following Purposes:
If You would like to manage, change, limit, or delete Your information, we allow You to do that through the following tools:
YagerBomb Media Pvt. Ltd. ("Flochat App," "our," "we," or "us") is committed to helping people and organizations protect their intellectual property rights. Our users agree to our Terms of Service ("Terms") by installing, accessing, or using our apps, services, features, software, or website (together, "Services"). Our Terms do not allow our users to violate someone else's intellectual property rights when using our Services, including their copyrights and trademarks.
You may report copyright and/or trademark infringement and request us to remove any infringing content we may be hosting, by addressing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with details as set forth below: