Last Updated : 13 April 2017
Respect for your privacy is coded into our DNA. Since we started Flo, we’ve aspired to build our Services with a set of strong privacy principles in mind.
Please also read Flo’s Terms of Service (“Terms”), which describes the terms under which you use our Services.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Flo receives or collects information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services.
3. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
- Your Account Information. You provide your mobile phone number to create a Flo account. You provide us the phone numbers in your mobile address book on a regular basis, including those of both the users of our Services and your other contacts. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such numbers. You may also add other information to your account, such as a Name, User name, User Id, profile picture, and status message.
- Your Messages. We do not retain your messages in the ordinary course of providing our Services to you. Once your messages (including your chats, photos, videos, voice messages, files, and share location information) are delivered, they are deleted from our servers. Your messages are stored on your own device. If a message cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if you are offline), we may keep it on our servers for up to 30 days as we try to deliver it. If a message is still undelivered after 30 days, we delete it. To improve performance and deliver media messages more efficiently, such as when many people are sharing a popular photo or video, we may retain that content on our servers for a longer period of time. We also offer SSL based encryption for our Services, which is on by default, when you and the people with whom you message use a version of our app released after Jan X, 2017. SSL encryption means that your messages are encrypted to protect third parties from reading them.
- Your Connections. To help you organize how you communicate with others, we may create a favorites list of your contacts for you, and you can create, join, or get added to groups and broadcast lists, and such groups and lists get associated with your account information.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
4. AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information. If you pay for any Services on our app, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from partner or other third parties processing your payment.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with you, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with our app’s location features.
- Status Information. We collect information about your online and status message changes on our Services, such as whether you are online (your “online status”), when you last used our Services (your “last seen status”), and when you last updated your status message.
5. THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION
- Information Others Provide About You. We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you a message, send messages to groups to which you belong, or call you.
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply map and places information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
- Third-Party Services. We allow you to use our Services in connection with third-party services. If you use our Services with such third-party services, we may receive information about you from them; for example, if you use the Flo share button or add to chat button on a news service/video to share a news article/video with your Flo App contacts, groups, or broadcast lists on our Services, or if you choose to access our Services through a mobile carrier’s or device provider’s promotion of our Services. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
6. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use all the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Our Services. We operate and provide our Services, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customizing our Services. We understand how people use our Services, and analyze and use the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Safety and Security.
We believe that Flo should be a safe place for everyone to chat. We have built safety features into Flo including:
- Giving you the ability to block users.
- Giving you the ability to report users who are making you uncomfortable or sending spam.
- Giving you the ability to ignore new chats from people you don’t know.
- Communications about Our Services and the Flo partners. We communicate with you intermittently about our Services and features and let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. We may provide you marketing for our Services and those of the Flo partners of which we are now a part.
- No Third-Party Banner Ads. We do not allow third-party banner ads on Flo App. We have no intention to introduce them, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
- Commercial Messaging. We will allow you and third parties, like businesses, to communicate with each other using Flo App, such as through order, transaction, and appointment information, delivery and shipping notifications, product and service updates, and marketing. For example, you may receive flight status information for upcoming travel, a receipt for something you purchased, or a notification when a delivery will be made. Messages you may receive containing marketing could include an offer for something that might interest you. We do not want you to have a spam experience; as with all of your messages, you can manage these communications, and we will honour the choices you make.
7. INFORMATION YOU AND WE SHARE
You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Account Information. Your phone number, profile name and photo, online status and status message, last seen status, and receipts may be available to anyone who uses our Services, although you can configure your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users.
- Your Contacts and Others. Users with whom you communicate may store or re share your information (including your phone number or messages) with others on and off our Services. You can use your Services settings and the block feature in our Services to manage the users of our Services with whom you communicate and certain information you share.
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. When we share information with third-party providers, we require them to use your information in accordance with our instructions and terms or with express permission from you.
- Third-Party Services. When you use third-party services that are integrated with our Services, they may receive information about what you share with them. For example, if you use a data backup service integrated with our Services (such as iCloud or Google Drive), they will receive information about what you share with them. If you interact with a third-party service linked through our Services, you may be providing information directly to such third party. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
8. INFORMATION YOU AND WE SHARE
9. MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
- Services Settings. You can change your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users. You can manage your contacts, groups, and broadcast lists, or use our block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate.
- Changing Picture, and Status Message. You must change your mobile phone number using our in-app change number feature and transfer your account to your new mobile phone number. You can also change your profile name, profile picture, and status message at any time.
- Deleting Your Flo Account App. You may delete your Flo App account at any time (including if you want to revoke your consent to our use of your information) using our in-app delete my account feature. When you delete your Flo App account, your undelivered messages are deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we no longer need to operate and provide our Services. Be mindful that if you only delete our Services from your device without using our in-app delete my account feature, your information may be stored with us for a longer period. Please remember that when you delete your account, it does not affect the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them.
Upon deletion of the Flo app from your device all your messages will be archived for a period not exceeding thirty (30) days.
10. LAW AND PROTECTION
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, Flo App, the Flo partner companies, or others.
11. UPDATES TO OUR POLICY
12. CONTACT US
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICY: YOUR COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
YagerBomb Media Pvt. Ltd. ("Flo App," "our," "we," or "us") is committed to helping people and organizations protect their intellectual property rights. Our users agree to our Terms of Service ("Terms") by installing, accessing, or using our apps, services, features, software, or website (together, "Services"). Our Terms do not allow our users to violate someone else's intellectual property rights when using our Services, including their copyrights and trademarks.
To report copyright infringement and request that Flo App remove any infringing content it is hosting (such as a Flo App user's profile picture, profile name, user id or status message), please email a completed copyright infringement claim to email@example.com (including all of the information listed below). You can also mail a complete copyright infringement claim to Flo App's copyright agent:
Before you report a claim of copyright infringement, you may want to send a message to the relevant Flo App user you believe may be infringing your copyright. You may be able to resolve the issue without contacting Flo App.
To report trademark infringement and request that Flo App remove any infringing content it is hosting, please email a complete trademark infringement claim to firstname.lastname@example.org (including all of the information listed below).
Before you report a claim of trademark infringement, you may want to send a message to the relevant Flo App user you believe may be infringing your trademark. You may be able to resolve the issue without contacting Flo App.
16. WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT CLAIM TO FLO APP
Please include all of the following information when reporting a copyright or trademark infringement claim to Flo App:
- Your complete contact information (full name, mailing address, and phone number). Note that we regularly provide your contact information, including your name and email address (if provided), the name of your organization or client who owns the rights in question, and the content of your report to the person whose content you are reporting. You may wish to provide a professional or business email address where you can be reached.
- A description of the copyrighted work or trademark that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of the content hosted on our Services that you claim infringes your copyright or trademark.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on our Services. The easiest way to do this is by providing us the phone number of the individual who has submitted the infringing content on our Services.
A declaration that:
- You have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted or trademarked content described above, in the manner you have complained of, is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or the law;
- The information in your claim is accurate; and
- You declare, under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright or trademark that is allegedly infringed.
- Your electronic signature or physical signature.